DATES & TIMES
February 25 & 26, 2017
Will Call opens: 11am
Doors open: 2pm
Show ends: 2am
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez
Río Churubusco Ave. Door 5 Ciudad Deportiva, Granjas México, Iztacalco, 08400 Mexico City, Mexico
The festival will take place rain or shine. Please keep up-to-date on weather reports and plan your attire and preparations accordingly.
SECURITY & ENTRY
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a thorough search, including emptying your pockets and bags, having all of your items examined, a full pat-down, and possibly removing your shoes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR DRUG USE OR POSSESSION
We have a zero-tolerance policy for drug use and possession. Police officers will be working inside and outside of the event, and all narcotics laws will be strictly enforced. Be responsible, and make smart choices.
AGES & ID
You must be 16+ to enter and 18+ for alcohol/VIP. Valid photo ID is required.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- Mexico government IFE card
- Mexican or foreign government-issued passport
- Foreign government-issued driver’s license
- All forms of ID must contain a photograph and date of birth
UNACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID
- NO Mexican driver’s licenses
- NO school or consular ID
- NO expired ID of any kind
- NO reentry/ins & outs per day
- NO refunds or exchanges
- NO sitting on designated dancefloor areas
- NO moshing, crowd-surfing or stage-diving
- NO unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- NO unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
- NO tailgating
WHAT TO BRING
- Your ticket
- Your photo ID (see acceptable forms above)
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Smiles, good vibes and festive costumes encouraged!
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, plush backpacks, purses (maximum 12“x12“)
- Official Insomniac water bottles—must be empty upon entry
- Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment—must be empty upon entry
- Cell phones and portable chargers/external batteries
- Fanny packs
- Sunglasses & hats
- Lighters and sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigs/vapes (refillable liquid chambers OK, must be empty upon arrival)
- Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show physician’s prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- Sealed lip balm & gloss
- Powder makeup
- Sealed tampons
- Glowsticks & glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- Sealed packs of gum
- Hula hoops (including LED hoops)
- LED poi
- Inflatables (must be deflated upon entry)
- Flags/banners or handmade signs (no corporate/company-branded and no hard flagpoles)
- Festival totems or decorated pool noodles (see Totem Guidelines below)
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices under 6″ (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, etc.), and GoPro extendable poles
- Illegal substances
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Laser pointers and air horns
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Pacifiers, dust masks or gas masks
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- Liquid makeup
- Unsealed tampons (upon entry)
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, etc.)
- Stickers, flyers
- Balls or Frisbees
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Bota bags
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Maximum height is 10’.
- Totems must be made from a lightweight material (e.g., foam, PVC / no solid metal).
- Collapsible/telescoping camera extenders that follow the above guidelines are OK (lightweight/hollow aluminum/polycarbonate).
- PVC, light wood, aluminum poles must be no thicker than 1” in diameter.
- Decorated pool noodles work great for easy entrance through security.
- Inflatables attached to totems must be deflated upon entry.
- Any item deemed dangerous will not be allowed.
- Totems promoting illegal activity or hate speech will not be permitted. Please keep it PLUR.
AMENITIES & SERVICES
WATER REFILL STATIONS
Stay hydrated! Fill up your Insomniac bottle (get your very own at our merch booth), hydration pack or any empty beverage container (purchased inside the festival) at our free hydration stations. Look for the water droplet symbol on a festival map to find the nearest station.
Insomniac merch booths can be found on the event map and will have a variety of T-shirts, jackets, backpacks, sweatshirts, official water bottles and more fun stuff! We get new styles and designs each year, so don’t miss out.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event, with roaming vendors carrying water, snacks, and other beverages. Cash and credit accepted.
Bars located throughout the festival will serve beer and liquor. Service hours may be limited. You must be 18+ to consume alcohol (valid photo ID required).
Store your stuff securely at EDC Mexico! Lockers allow you unlimited in-and-out access throughout the day so you can share with your friends. Lockers measure approximately 37 cm H x 46 cm W x 43 cm D.
SAFETY & MEDICAL
To ensure a safe environment for all, security and medical staff will be present throughout the entire event. If you need any assistance, please go to the nearest medical or information tent, or seek out an event staff member. Learn more about staying healthy and happy at EDC.
LOST & FOUND
Lost & Found booths will be available at the venue during the event. Check your festival map for specific locations. If you need to retrieve your item after the festival is over, email email@example.com.
Info booths will be stationed throughout the venue. Check your festival map for specific locations.
Insomniac welcomes all, and we strive to make our environment accessible to our guests with disabilities. During the festival, the venue will feature accessible parking, restrooms and other amenities, as well as designated areas for wheelchair users and their companions.
Accessible parking will be provided near the festival entrance.
An accessible entrance is located near the accessible parking.
All public restroom areas and concession stands are accessible to our patrons with disabilities. Please see your festival map for locations, or contact the nearest staff member for assistance.
Service animals are the only animals allowed onto the festival grounds.
EDC takes place on the infield of Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, which consists of concrete, grass and gravel/dirt. While the entrance is sloped into the venue, most of the infield is relatively flat.
EDC Mexico provides an accessible viewing area for each stage.
First aid locations are offered throughout the venue. Please refer to your festival map, or contact the nearest staff member. Festival event staff have been trained in proper emergency preparedness.
Q: What time does the event start & end each day?
A: Will Call opens: 11am daily; festival hours: 2pm–2am daily.
Q: Can I enter anytime?
A: As long as you are holding a ticket that has not yet been scanned that day, you may enter any time during the event. Ins & outs are not allowed.
Q: Will set times get posted in advance?
A: Yes. During the days leading up to the festival, set times will be posted via this site, our social media sites, the Insomniac app, and email updates. Set times will also appear on the festival guide you receive upon entry. Note: The lineup is subject to change.
Q: Can I see a festival map ahead of time?
A: Yes. Maps showing stage locations, food, bathrooms, etc. will be available prior to the event on this site and the Insomniac app.
Q: Where is the closest airport?
A: Mexico City International Airport
Q: Is reentry allowed?
A: No, ins-and-outs are not allowed.
Q: What is the camera policy?
A: Professional photographers must obtain a photo pass using our press submission form. Do not email your request. Photo passes are not required for standard cameras with lenses under 15 cm long or handheld video devices under 6″. Professional video cameras are not permitted.
Q: What can I bring with me?
A: See the complete list of acceptable and prohibited items under our Guidelines.
Q: Can I hang posters or hand out flyers?
A: Do not hang posters or hand out flyers inside the festival or in the surrounding neighborhood. You may hand out flyers only just outside the gates at the close of the show each day. Anyone violating this policy will be banned from promoting at our events.
Q: Can I sleep in my car or park overnight?
A: Sorry, sleeping in cars in the festival parking lot is not permitted for anyone. DO NOT leave your car in the parking lot during non-festival hours, or it will be towed at your expense.
Q: I’m under 16. Can I attend with a legal guardian?
Q: What kind of ID do I need?
A: You must present identification to enter the festival and/or buy alcohol. See the complete list of acceptable and unacceptable ID under our Guidelines.
Q: What if my ID is lost or expired?
A: Security will accept government-issued passports from any country.
Q: Can I use a consular ID or foreign driver’s license?
A: No, consular ID and driver’s licenses are not accepted.
Q: Will there be a lost & found?
A: Yes, Info and Lost & Found booths will be available at the venue during the event. Check your festival map for specific locations. If you need to retrieve a lost item after the festival is over, call +5255 57648400.
Your request was received successfully